It is ArtTactic's policy to respect the privacy of its Members.
ArtTactic will never edit, share or disclose any personal information about you without your prior consent. In the course of your membership of ArtTactic, ArtTactic may acquire personal data and information about you which you have provided in the course of registering with ArtTactic or participating in ArtTactic activities, such as polls, surveys and questionnaires. This information may include, your name, home address, email address, telephone number and other generic information. This information will be treated in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and also in accordance with the Market Research Society Code of Conduct which can be found at www.mrs.org.uk/standards/codeconduct.htm.
In this regard, ArtTactic undertakes only to use the data you supply to us according to the following conditions:
- We will not rent or sell any data which may personally identify you to any third party.
- You will never receive communications from any third party as a result of using the ArtTactic website, participating in ArtTactic research activities or becoming a ArtTactic survey panel member, unless you specifically opt to do so.
- Your data may be disclosed to clients for research purposes. Such data will only be supplied in anonymised, non-attributable form such that no party external to ArtTactic could use the data to personally identify you, or to contact you by any means.
- Your anonymised data may be disclosed to business associates, marketers or advertisers for the promotion of ArtTactic services. By way of example, we may disclose to an advertiser the percentage age groups of our Members. Such data will be supplied in anonymised, non-attributable form such that no third party could use the data to personally identify you, or to contact you by any means.
- Research results may also be released into the public domain. This is typically in aggregate form (e.g. 35% of respondents said they believe Chinese contemporary art market will go up in the next 6 months) and will not result in the disclosure of any personal identifying information.
- We will clearly state why we are collecting personal information and how it will be used. At your request we will allow you to inspect and edit any personal data relating to you.
- ArtTactic undertakes to store your personal data securely. The accessing and processing of personal data by ArtTactic personnel will be restricted to business requirements including, but not necessarily limited to:
Research data analysis
Survey and Poll communications (please see below)
Fulfilment of prizes and payments
Addressing of queries, technical problems or complaints
- You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your login information (your username and password). You are fully responsible and agree to indemnify ArtTactic against, all activities (including for the avoidance of doubt, the activities of persons other than yourself) that occur under your login or account. You must ensure the full exit from your membership access at the end of each session (this is particularly important for those using a shared computer).
- We cannot ensure that private communication and other identifiable personal data will never be disclosed in ways not described in this section. By way of example (without limiting the foregoing) we may be forced to disclose the data to a government agency lawfully requesting the same or to any court acting in pursuance of its powers. We reserve the right to and you hereby agree to allow us to disclose any information about you to law enforcement, government officials or to any court or court officials as we in our sole discretion believe necessary or appropriate.
- Nothing in this Agreement relating to the confidentiality of information shall prevent or hinder ArtTactic from complying with its legal obligations as to disclosure or otherwise under the Data Protection Act 1988.
- By becoming an ArtTactic Member you agree to allow ArtTactic to communicate with you in relation to your membership and opportunities to participate in ArtTactic Activities. These include but are not necessarily limited to communications relating to:
ArtTactic polls and Surveys
Other forms of ArtTactic research
ArtTactic research results
ArtTactic newsletters (unless you have opted out)
Changes which may affect your participation in ArtTactic activities
Membership communications (e.g. account queries and / or complaints)
Payment or prize fulfilment
Besides payment or prize fulfilment, communications will typically take place via email. ArtTactic will always use this communication method responsibly.